Applications for GoCamp volunteers are now closed.
GoCamp is recruiting English-speaking volunteers to come to Ukraine and help children learn English in the AfterSchool project.
After classes, children will be able to communicate with volunteers and their peers while taking part in projects and tasks. Volunteers will help students to work in a team, communicate in a multicultural environment, think critically, and be tolerant.
Why should I go?
- mentor children
- experience Ukraine
- work on socially useful projects
- learn how to work in a team
- communicate in a multicultural environment
- get special training on methodology of after-school programmes, child protection as well as Ukraine orientation sessions
- inspire children to discover the entire world by sharing your culture, thoughts and values with them.
Where can I go?
Volunteers will be placed in one of the secondary schools in all regions of Ukraine except for Donetsk and Luhansk.
Volunteers' safety and security is a priority, and no volunteers are sent to areas of conflict.
Am I eligible?
- You must be at least 18 years of age. There is no upper age restriction.
- You are required to have an upper-intermediate level of English or above.
You'll also be expected to act in a professional manner to give the kids a quality and memorable experience of their after-school programme.
Along with the training, volunteers are encouraged to engage in activities they enjoy and can teach the children more about, including their culture.
How do I apply?
Instructions on how to apply are available on GoCamp.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. If GoCamp determines that you are a good match for the programme, the next step will be a Skype interview.
When are the deadlines?
The last deadline in 2018 was 31 August 2018. Please sign up to our newsletter to receive a notification for upcoming opportunities.
How do I get in touch?
Visit the GoCamp site to get more information and to apply.