Applications for GoCamp volunteers are now open.
GoCamp is recruiting English-speaking volunteers to spend two weeks in Ukraine this summer, helping children learn English in the AfterSchool project.
After classes, children will communicate with volunteers and their peers while taking part in projects and tasks. Volunteers will help students to work in a team, communicate in a multicultural environment, think critically and be tolerant.
What will I be doing?
- mentor children
- experience Ukraine
- work on socially useful projects
- learn how to work in a team
- communicate in a multicultural environment
- get special training on methodology of after-school programmes, child protection as well as Ukraine orientation sessions
- inspire children to discover the entire world by sharing your culture, thoughts and values with them.
Where can I go?
Volunteers will be placed in one of the secondary schools in all regions of Ukraine except for Donetsk and Luhansk.
Volunteers' safety and security is a priority, and no volunteers are sent to areas of conflict.
When will I go?
If successful, you will go to Ukraine for one of the following sessions:
- 30 May -14 June 2019 (training for volunteers 30 May - 2 June)
- 6-21 June 2019 (training for volunteers 6-9 June)
- 8-23 August 2019 (training for volunteers 8-11 August).
Am I eligible?
- You must be at least 18 years of age. There is no upper age restriction.
- You are required to have an upper-intermediate level of English or above.
You'll also be expected to act in a professional manner to give the children a quality and memorable experience.
As well as the activities introduced during the training, we encourage you to engage children in activities you enjoy and can share, including your culture.
How do I apply?
Instructions on how to apply are available on GoCamp.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. If GoCamp determines that you are a good match for the programme, the next step will be a Skype interview.
How do I get in touch?
Back to Study and work outside the UK.