Applications for 2019-20 have now closed.
Applications for 2020-21 are likely to open in November 2019.
Teach English overseas on a paid six-month or one-year placement working as a language assistant. Experience life in another country, learn transferable skills and stand out in the job market.
As an English language assistant, you will:
- strengthen your CV
- improve your fluency in another language
- gain skills in communication, presentation, time management, organisation, teamwork, working independently, creative thinking and problem-solving
- immerse yourself in another culture
- increase your cultural awareness
- develop professional confidence.
Teaching time is limited to between 12 and 20 hours a week, giving you plenty of time to experience the country and pursue other interests. Many language assistants use their time abroad productively, from starting a small business to appearing on TV.
If you want to teach your native language of French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese or Irish, you can become a language assistant in the UK.