This event is now over. Please find information about upcoming events in our News and events section and newsletter
Invitation to tender for a scoping study of the social enterprise sector in the Philippines
The British Council is looking for an expert in social enterprise sector mapping, analysis, and development to conduct a scoping visit to the Philippines.
The principal aim is to assess the current social enterprise landscape in the country and write a report that identifies the specific skills needed by social enterprises, the main barriers to growth and the challenges they face.
The report will also include an overview of key government support and regulatory barriers and information about key funders and social investors.
Additionally, it will also provide a roadmap on how to grow the social enterprise space in the Philippines and a strategic plan and stakeholder engagement strategy for British Council Philippines.
It is expected that the consultant will visit the Philippines to meet a wide range of key actors in the social enterprise space that could shed light on the various strands that the British Council hopes to focus on from 2014-18.
The consultant will have:
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in social enterprise work;
- Experience of conducting similar study in other countries;
- Extensive knowledge of the social enterprise landscape in the UK
- Familiarity with the social enterprise context in the Philippines and/or in the East Asia Region, preferably with experience of working in similar projects within the Region;
- Proven experience in research, with published output/s;
- Availability and willingness to travel in the Philippines in February 2015;
- Ability to submit the final report before April 2015
The application deadline is 6 January 2015.
For further information, please download the Invitation to Tender application