This competition closed on 16 January 2023
Our celebration event will be held in June 2023
Look out for more information in May 2023.
Each year, the British Council and QFI invite students to showcase their talents in the Arabic language during the Arabic Speaking Competition. The competition aims to:
- Raise the profile of Arabic as a modern world language
- Increase student’s motivation for learning Arabic
- Develop vocabulary and improve pronunciation and speaking skills
- Raise confidence for oral examinations
- Inspire students to discover more about Arab cultures
- To celebrate the skills of young people who are studying Arabic language
Entrants should be aged from 10-18, based in the UK and should speak in Modern Standard Arabic. Students participate virtually and are judged by a panel of fluent Arabic speakers. Beginner level students are encouraged to apply.
You can learn more in the Guidance and Competition Rules below.
The Arabic Speaking competition 2023
This year, we had over 500 entries from 60 schools across the UK. The judges were impressed with the quality of the entries in particular with the range of students who got involved. From these, we have 31 winners across the 15 entry categories as listed below.
We will celebrate the winners at a special event in June 2023. Follow us on social media or come back to this page for updates in May.
If you have any questions about the competition, please email TeachingArabic@britishcouncil.org