What is the opportunity?
We are commissioning a Research Pilot for a new research-led programme on global values and international cooperation. The programme is called The Big Conversation.
The programme focuses on how values are central to international cultural relations and cooperation. This is particularly important in the context of forming international partnerships to address shared global challenges, such as development, climate change and technology governance.
The Research Pilot will focus on the UK and two other case-study countries where we are running relevant activities.
We expect the Research Supplier to carry out the following roles to help us set up this programme:
- develop the core activities of the programme. This will include designing, putting in place and evaluating the methodological approach for research activities to be deployed more widely across our global network
- establish a framework, and tools for engagement in cultural relations activities to make our work more effective, evidence-based and systematic
- organise and lead roundtable events to be replicated in more countries.
The results will be used to set up The Big Conversation programme, which will convene global research and debate on shared values.
It will develop new evidence-based cultural relations approaches to encourage dialogue and cooperation on shared global challenges.
We are seeking proposals from research organisations and consultants with expertise in values research, deliberative dialogue, intercultural relations and other related fields.
Output and deadlines
The timeline for submissions is:
- deadline for clarification questions (Clarification Deadline) - 14 February 2020
- deadline for us to respond to clarification questions - 19 February 2020
- deadline for submission of invitation to tender responses by potential suppliers (Response Deadline), 24 February 2020
- clarification session on proposals - 5 March 2020
- award decision standstill letters issued - 6 March 2020
- contract concluded with winning supplier - 20 March 2020
- contract start date and invoice submission for first payment - 23 March 2020
- inception meeting – 24 March 2020
- project advisory group meeting - week beginning 6 April 2020
- project advisory group meeting - week beginning 4 May 2020
- project advisory group meeting - week beginning 8 June 2020
- submission of draft values framework and moderation training toolkit – 8 July 2020
- midway review meeting – 22 July 2020
- project advisory group meeting - week beginning 10 August 2020
- project advisory group meeting - week beginning 7 September 2020
- submission of first draft outputs - 27 September 2020
- deadline for us to provide feedback – 15 October 2020
- country level roundtables - mid-October 2020
- international plenary – mid-November / mid-December 2020
- submission of final outputs - 31 January 2021
- we make second payment - end of February 2021
How to apply
A full outline of the proposal request, the instructions for responding and evaluation criteria are available as part of the tender opportunity accessible on our portal.
You must register an account before you can express an interest in the tender and download the tender pack.