About this opportunity
The British Council seeks to contribute to a better understanding, within our organisation and externally across our sector, of the main priorities and key education policies of the four countries of the UK.
In particular we want to better understand the following key areas:
- school leadership
- the curriculum
- the workforce
We are inviting consultants to undertake a short consultancy with the aim of producing two assets in relation to one or two of the areas outlined above, including a PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes and a policy paper with suggestions for further reading.
Terms of Reference for each of the areas above can be found in the Downloads section below. Please read these documents carefully before applying for the area(s) that interest you. These documents will provide you with all the information you need to understand your roles and responsibilities, as well as deliverables and outputs.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to all those who have:
- An honours degree in Education;
- A minimum of ten years' professional experience in teaching, training and/or working within an education policy implementation setting;
- The ability to draft clear and concise reports and briefings;
- Experience of creating training materials and briefing documents;
- Knowledge of education policy in the UK.
Each applicant can apply for up to two policy areas as outlined above.
All contracts are expected to last a maxium of five consultancy days for each policy area and undertaken in February and March 2021.
How to apply
Before you apply, please refer to the appropriate Terms of Reference which you can find in the Downloads section below.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of application of no more than 500 words to Yvette Hutchinson at Yvette.Hutchinson@britishcouncil.org.
Your letter of application should include:
- The policy area(s) for which you are applying
- A summary of your experience of writing education policy papers
- Your track record relevant to this consultancy
- Your approach to carrying out this consultancy
- Your experience of writing training materials, and writing and giving presentations on education to culturally diverse audiences (links to examples of your work can also be provided, if appropriate)
- Your daily rate
All email submissions should have Education Policy Consultancy in the topic heading, as well as the relevant policy area(s).
All submissions must be submitted by email by the extended deadline of Friday 5 March 2021 at 4pm (UK time).
Any clarification questions should be made to Yvette Hutchinson on the email address above by Tuesday 2 March 2021.