The British Council is pleased to invite you to Next Generation: A Global Dialogue on Youth Priorities and Empowerment, a day-long dialogue and networking event showcasing the latest research and insights from the British Council’s youth research programme, Next Generation.
On Wednesday 28th February 2024 at 10:30 – 17:00 GMT at The Conversation Room at the Royal Institution at 21 Albemarle Street, London, W1S 4BS.
What is Next Generation: A Global Dialogue?
Throughout 2024, more than half of the world’s population will head to the ballot box and cast their vote in history’s largest political exercise. Young people across the world, including those in the UK, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh will be letting the world know of the priorities and challenges that are most important to them.
Next Generation: A Global Dialogue will bring together the perspectives of young people across Indonesia, Pakistan, Sudan, Albania, Bangladesh and Iraq to explore their opinions and aspirations around Education and Employment, Political Awareness and Civic Engagement, and Youth Empowerment and Global Leadership.
What will happen at Next Generation: A Global Dialogue?
Next Generation: A Global Dialogue will include;
- An 'Introduction to Participatory Research’ session for young people to understand and develop their research skills in participatory research approaches.
- A series of panel discussions on Next Generation research in Indonesia, Pakistan, Sudan, Albania, Bangladesh and Iraq.
- A number of group discussions to understand youth perspectives and how better programming and policy can respond to youth priorities across Education and Employment, Civic Engagement and Global Challenges.
- A preview into upcoming Next Generation research, including our upcoming ‘What We Know: Women and Girls’ policy briefs.
- A lunch and networking session for participants and attendees.
Next Generation: A Global Dialogue will be an opportunity for young people, youth organisations, international institutions, policy influencers, and academics to come together and share, collaborate and work together to understand and empower the opinions and aspirations of young people.
How do I register?
Please note that attendance is limited.
For more information, please contact email@example.com