received on 30 october 2015
Dear FOI Officer,
I would like to submit a Freedom of Information Request relating to specific ICT contract(s) for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation License and Maintenance and Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support which may include:
• Server Hardware Maintenance- contract relating to the support and maintenance of the’s organisations servers.
• Virtualisation Licensing (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)-
• Virtualisation Maintenance/Support (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
• Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support (EMC, NetApp etc)
For each of the types of server ICT contracts above can you please send me the following data types:
1. Contract Title:
2. Contract Type: Please input one the type of contract from above e.g. Hardware Maintenance, Virtualisation Licensing, Virtualisation Maintenance/Support, Storage Area Network Maintenance
3. Existing/Current Supplier:
4. Hardware Brand: Please state the hardware or software brand related to the contract with supplier e.g. Hardware Maintenance could be Dell, IBM etc
5. Operating System / Software(Platform): (Windows, Linux, Unix, VMWare etc.) the brand name relating to the contract.
6. Annual Average Spend: (For the whole duration of the contract, if the total value sent is per annum please state this in the response)
7. Contract Duration: (Please can you also include notes if the contract includes any contract extension periods.)
8. Contract Expiry Date:
9. Contract Review Date: (An approximate date of when the organisation is planning to review this particular contract.)
10. Brief Contract Description: I require a brief description of the service provided under this contract.
11. Internal Contact: (The person from within the organisation that is responsible for reviewing and renewing this particular contract. Please include there full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.)
If there is more than one supplier for these contract can you please split the contract individually for each supplier. So the information above which I am requesting is for each supplier.
If this service is part of a managed contract please can you send me the contract information for this managed service including Hardware Brand, Number of Users, Operating System, and contact details of the internal contact responsible for this contract.
Responded on 26 november 2015
Case Reference: FOI/2015/90
26 November 2015
Thank you for your request for information dated 30 October 2015 concerning our outsourced managed contracts for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation License and Maintenance and Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support. Your request has been handled under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000 and has been passed to me for reply.
As explained in our response of the 9th of March 2015 we do not have any Maintenance / Support contracts for the type of hardware mentioned in your request (Server Hardware, Server Virtualisation License and Storage Area Network). The hardware type you have inquired about, which we use to deliver our services, are either supported and managed by British Council staff or provided as part of an outsourced managed service.
The outsourced managed service providers are free to decide on server brand, number of servers, server type (physical / virtual) capacity etc… that would be required to deliver the level of service required.
As we buy a “managed service” from outsourced managed service providers they may have support agreements in place for the type of hardware mentioned in your request that are a part of a shared service with other customers that we are not sighted of.
Please find attached a spreadsheet which provides information, in response to the 14 points listed in your request, in relation to our outsourced managed contracts.
We are withholding the contact details of the people responsible for each contract since the exemption, under section 40(2) (Personal information), applies to it.
Section 40(2) provides that information relating to third parties is exempt information if one of the conditions set out in section 40(3) is satisfied. Under the FOIA disclosure of this information would breach the fair processing principle contained in the Data Protection Act (DPA), where it would be unfair to that person or if it is confidential.
We have withheld the names and contact details of British Council staff as they are not of a senior level or in a public facing role.
Section 40 is an absolute exemption therefore is not subject to the public interest test.
I hope the information provided has been useful.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to:
Freedom of Information Officer
Information Security and Governance
58 Whitworth Street
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner for a decision at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113