The role of the Arts and Creative Economy Advisory Group, as set out in its terms of reference, is to:
- support the British Council in its mission to create a friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and wider world
- act as an advocate for the British Council’s work
- advise on the development of the British Council’s strategy
- ensure that the Arts leadership team is kept informed of major developments in the arts and creative economy sectors
- serve as a channel of professional advice within the areas of expertise represented on the Group
- offer insights and identify new opportunities and trends
- create links between the British Council and the communities within the arts and creative economy sectors for whom our work has particular relevance.