A street in Britain with cafes and a red telephone box
A street in Britain with cafes and a red telephone box ©

All rights reserved to the British Council

When you are away for a long time, relocating back to your home country can pose some difficult questions. Or perhaps you are moving to the UK for the first time? Again, we are here to help you through this transition.

Excited to come home? Sad to leave? However you feel, we are here to help you get back in the swing of things.  
  • UK Job Search Workshop: Members can register for a one-day workshop followed by a one to one consultation with a career management expert. 
  • Education advice:  The British Council Families Association supports members whose children are applying for a state school place in the UK and for university places in the UK.  Members also have access to the Good Schools Guide.
  • Annual General Meetings: Every year around October we invite all members to join us for a catch up at our annual meeting held in Spring Gardens, London. We are keen to hear from you, and hear about your experiences overseas! 
  • Our newsletter: You could even write an article for the British Council Families Association newsletter. To do so please get in touch!

To receive support about any of the above you need to become a member.

If you have any questions about any of the above please get in touch.

Alternatively, if you are already a member you can join us on Facebook by emailing us.

School Application Deadlines

For primary schools, the application deadline is 15th January (i.e. 15th Jan 2018 for Sept 2018 entry).

For secondary schools, the deadline is 31st October (i.e. 31st Oct 2017 for Sept 2018 entry).

You can apply online by going to their local authority site and following the links, or by going to https://www.gov.uk/ and typing in their postcode.

Applications outside normal entry points

The Normal Applications Round refers to places in Reception year and transfer to senior school in Year 7. Applications for places outside these entry points are referred to as ‘in-year’ applications and require a special form. Most admissions authorities will only process such applications up to a term in advance of a child starting at a school.