The British Council actively supports and encourages the employability of accompanying partners of staff. We also feel it is important that partners are supported in career change and skills development whilst overseas.
- Career Management Website: Do you want to know what transferable skills you have? Or, do you want to gain some tips on how to improve your CV
writing? Or do you just want to know how to compose yourself better in interviews? Find out more with our digital development toolkit.
- One to One Career Consultations: Career consultations are carried out by an expert career consultant via telephone, Skype or Facetime.
- Vocational Training Support: Partners of staff on a UK appointed contact are eligible to apply for reimbursement of tuition and exam fees for specified courses.
- BCFA Resource Unit: The BCFA has a range of career management books that can be borrowed by members upon request.
- Social Media training: In this half-day course the BCFA’s expert trainer gives an introduction to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Very useful for staying in touch with friends, family and business contacts whilst abroad!
- Language Training: We have a range of ways you can get to grips with local languages whilst on your posting. This is done on a case-by-case basis.
To receive support you need to become a member.
If you have any questions about any of the above please get in touch.
Alternatively, if you are already a member you can join us on Facebook by emailing us.