Membership of the British Council Association is a friendly and easy way to stay connected with the British Council and your former colleagues as well as an opportunity to take part in a variety of events, talks, and outings around the UK.
What benefits do members get?
Members receive the following publications, either by email or by post:
- The Association’s magazine New Horizons (published three times a year)
- The Association’s Membership List (with home addresses) – restricted to Full Members.
Members may also opt to receive:
- The British Council Bulletin, by email
- The Chief Executive's monthly newsletter, by email
- Home visits in times of distress
- The British Council Association also liaises with the Benevolent Fund.
Who can join?
Membership is open to all former and serving British Council staff, including Direct Teaching Operation (DTO) and national staff.
We also encourage people to join who have worked with, or had contact with, the British Council and wish to support the objectives of the Association.
What does it cost?
Annual subscription is currently £1.25 per month / £15.00 per annum. Payment is either by monthly deduction from pension (or salary for serving members) or annually by bank standing order.
How can I join?
To apply to the British Council Association you need to fill out an application form which you can download below.
Once you have filled out the form please send it to:
British Council Association (HR)
10 Spring Gardens
Tel: 020 7389 4467
If you have any other questions about memberships and how to join please email us.