About our collaboration with Cambridge
The British Council offers exams on behalf of UK awarding organisations, professional bodies and universities in more than 100 countries across the globe. One such collaboration is our longstanding one with Cambridge. We deliver their range of exams known as Cambridge English Qualifications across our network of over 70 authorised exam centres worldwide.
Cambridge help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. They create unique learning experiences and offer language learning materials and language assessments built on unique insights from their research, expertise and experience.
Cambridge and British Council collaborate in Advantage to support learners and teachers preparing for Cambridge English Qualifications by offering a number of exclusive benefits.
Advantage members can enjoy online teacher development courses on the Cambridge one platform, convenient access to Cambridge’s world-class language learning and assessment materials and resources, information about Cambridge’s online events and much more.
Exclusive discount on exam self-study materials
Advantage members are entitled to an exclusive discount on exam self-study materials in participating countries and booksellers. The Advantage Terms apply.
(Coming soon) View the 2023/24 list of exam self-study titles and participating Cambridge booksellers.
2-hour Teacher Development Online Courses
We invite Advantage members in participating countries to access complimentary 2-hour online teacher development courses that focus on building your knowledge of core skills and emerging areas of interest provided by Cambridge on the Cambridge one platform.
Teachers at schools / institutions with Advantage Premium Plus membership may request up to twelve complimentary courses per year, eight with Advantage Premium membership and four with Advantage Standard membership.
Teachers may choose from:
- Classroom Management for Young Learners Second edition
- Developing Speaking Skills Second edition
- Giving Feedback Second edition
- Teaching Communicatively Second edition
- Teaching Mixed-Ability Classes Second edition
Note: The availability of some benefits for Advantage members may vary by country or region and the exact benefits and availability may be updated from time to time. You can see the latest information about which are available in your location in the Advantage terms or by contacting your local British Council account representative.
Free online resources
- Go to World of Fun for fun ideas, teaching tips and recourses for teachers preparing for the exams for young learners.
- Go to Cambridge's Youtube channel to watch a wide range of their webinars for teachers
- The practice makes perfect site has tips, tricks and lesson plans to use in the classroom for teachers preparing for exams. You can also submit your own ideas to share with teachers around the world.
- Visit the Teacher support for IELTS page for information about online courses, webinars, videos and articles.