What is the opportunity?
Next Generation (NG) is a British Council research programme exploring the needs, potential, and aspirations of young people (18-30) globally on the basis of research and data collected in target countries and communities.
Each country report includes a nationally representative survey, which has produced large data sets. There is a need for these datasets to be reviewed, analysed and developed further in order to support British Council data analysis and programming and generate further insights into key demographics. There is also the need for a standardised template of survey questions for core themes to be included in future research to allow for greater cross-country analysis and streamline the research design process.
The British Council Research and Policy Insight team seeks the services of a relevant supplier(s) to provide the following services:
- Data analysis of existing Next Generation data sets.
- Production of data visualisation products such as Infographics.
- Develop a new research survey question bank and standard template/structure of survey questions.
The British Council is looking for a supplier or a consortium of suppliers with:
- A strong and demonstrated background in quantitative research and data analysis
- Demonstrated experience of data visualisation and developing data infographics
- Demonstrated experience in delivering research services for clients working in international contexts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of research themes and contexts relevant to the Next Generation research programme.
Outputs and deadlines:
The key deliverables that we would envision as a result of the assignment are:
1. Data Analysis Sheets:
- Analysis sheets (preferably in MS Excel) and a slide deck summarising the key findings from the data analysis.
- A set of infographics on agreed themes (as mentioned above, the exact focus for these will be agreed with the British Council once the supplier has been selected).
3. Question Bank and Template:
- A question bank
- A standard template/structure of survey questions for future Next Generation research.
The timeline for the project is:
- Clarifications questions deadline: 10th January 2021 (23:59 GMT)
- British Council to respond to questions: By 13th January 2022
- Supplier response and proposals deadline: 21st January 2022 (23:59 GMT)
- Decision on awarded supplier: By 28th January 2022
- Kick off Meeting with Supplier W/C 31st January 2022.
All activities must be completed and signed off by 31st March 2022.
The proposed budget for this piece of work is up to £30,000, inclusive of VAT.
How to apply:
A full outline of the proposal request, the instructions for responding and evaluation criteria are available as part of the tender opportunity on our procurement portal.
This opportunity can be found on In-Tend under the reference number BC/02233.