IAESTE has a range of exciting paid placements in over 80 fascinating countries, ranging from 6-12 weeks in the summer and up to a maximum of one year.
What are the costs?
The cost for you will be:
- £200 fee to IAESTE (payable once we’ve told you that you have been matched and are happy to continue with your application)
- flights/travel to and from the country
- any visa or vaccination costs
- additional spending money.
You will earn a salary while you are on your placement and this should cover all your accommodation and living costs.
Institutions that offer funding are listed below. Funding is administered separately from the IAESTE programme so we are unable to advise or assist with your application. All enquiries relating to this should be made to them.
IAESTE students carrying out a placement in the EU, may be eligible for an Erasmus+ grant to help cover the travel and subsistence costs (including insurance and visa costs). Make sure your placement matches with the Erasmus+ aims and objectives before applying.
Please check with your University Erasmus representative if they offer this mobility grant to IAESTE students.
If you are an engineering student and you are being nominated for a work placement in the automotive industry, you can apply for a FISITA Student Travel Bursary and receive a bursary of up to €2000.
FISITA considers applications twice a year. Deadlines are as follows:
- April - October placements: 31 March
- November – April placements: 31 October.