Complete the online application account by following the link soon to be provided above.
In preparation for this you will need to provide the following:
1. Your average percentage grade achieved in your exams for each academic year completed.
2. A 500 word personal statement as to why you are interested in an IAESTE placement. Your statement should show evidence of the following:
- Motivation and enthusiasm for international work experience
- Range of personal/professional activities, interests, skills and experience
- Understanding of benefits of placement for both yourself and potential employer
- Adaptability including intercultural awareness and independence.
Upload the following three documents to your online applicant account:
1. An up-to-date CV
2. University Transcript
3. University Certificate or Letter of Enrolment
Provide the name and email contact address of a course tutor in your application. An automated email will be sent directly to them to provide a Reference for you only upon completion and submission of your application.
Please complete your full application by the deadline of 24 November 2016. If you any questions please email email@example.com
Please be aware that you will be assessed and graded upon the following:
1) Your average academic results
2) Your Personal Statement
3) Presentation and content of your CV
4) Your Tutor Recommendation.
You must ensure to have completed and submitted all of the above in order to be considered for an IAESTE placement. Failure to submit any of the above before the deadline will result in a deduction of points in your overall assessment grade. Your overall assessment grade will determine whether or not you will be shortlisted for the programme.
You will find out by email if you been shortlisted or unsuccessful.
A Catalogue of available international placements will be shared with shortlisted candidates only. You will be asked to submit up to three placement preferences.
By this point you will find out which placement you are being matched to.
If you are matched successfully, you will receive details about the selected placement. If you are not happy with the placement, you will be placed on the Reserve List for future offers.
IAESTE UK will request additional documents for nomination and you will be required to pay the £200 fee to IAESTE UK. Please see below for more details.
April and June
You will be informed of final acceptance as soon as IAESTE UK receive confirmation from the international employer. You can now proceed to arrange your travel, insurance and visas etc.
IAESTE in your host country will inform you of accommodation details once you have provided confirmation of your travel arrangements to IAESTE UK.
We will give you contact details of your employer before you start. If you have any questions about the type of work you’ll be doing please don’t contact them until we confirm it’s OK. Contact us instead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go on your placement – and make the most of it! Don't forget to use our support networks!
Once you have accepted the nomination you have committed to the placement, so please don’t pursue other opportunities. If something rare happens and you are rejected or the placement is withdrawn for any reason, IAESTE UK will do our best to find you an alternative. If we can’t, you’ll get the £200 placement fee back.
To accept your placement you will need to send:
- the £200 placement fee (you’ll get it back if you are not accepted or circumstances force the employer to withdraw from the programme).
- a completed Nomination Form
- a cover letter to the placement employer
- a scanned copy of the front outer cover of passport along with the picture page. (If you are in the process of renewing your passport, include a photocopy of the old passport with your application.)
If you are a non-UK national you will also need:
- a scanned copy of the English Language Form (download below) or an English Language Proficiency certificate.
Once we have received your documents
IAESTE UK will send your completed nomination form to the IAESTE office in the host country, where they will liaise with the employer and make the final decision. You will be told as soon as possible if you have been accepted by the employer. Sometimes, employers are delayed in responding and could take until early summer before notifying the local IAESTE office.