You can view Dr Syed Alwee Alsagoff's slides here.
You can view Bertrand Monthubert's slides here.
You can view Guy Perring's slides here.
In this session, we will hear from a rankings project looking at how the urban and regional environment in which a university is situated plays an important role in student choice and how universities can work closely with local and national government to influence the development of cities.
We will explore this trend further by examining how universities and governments are working together in the cities of Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to enhance the standing of their higher education systems and, at the same time, bring wider economic, environmental and cultural benefits to their countries.
As a counterpoint to this, we hear how the universities and cities in France worked together to respond to the recent terrorist attacks in order to protect the cities’ excellent reputation amongst international students.
- Professor Malcom Press, Vice-Chancellor, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK (Chair)
- Dr Syed Alwee Alsagoff, Senior Director, Education Malaysia, Malaysia
- Dasha Karzunina, International Education Specialist, QS Quacquarelli Symonds, UK
- Bertrand Monthubert, President, Campus France, France
- Guy Perring, Director for Client Services, Asia, I-Graduate UK, UK