Friday 4 May 2018, 08.00 - 09.15
This session has been curated by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, Going Global co-hosts.
This session will explore the challenges, opportunities and efforts of internationalisation with emphasis on international students’ mobility. In particular, the focus will be on student mobility from European countries to ASEAN.
Speakers will deliberate on the need to design an appropriate and adequate international student mobility system to impact the local higher education system. As well as share their knowledge, experiences and aspirations for a Malaysian Internationalisation blueprint that could support the Global Prominence Shift #8 of the Malaysian Education Print (MEB) (Higher Education) 2015-2025.
Key objectives and expected outcomes:
- Understand the motivations of European students to come to South East Asia in general and Malaysia in particular;
- Discuss the experience of students, challenges and learning opportunities;
- Identify the needs of students;
- Discuss the future of student mobility.
- Professor Kamila Ghazali, Associate Vice-Chancellor, Universiti Malaya, Malaysia (Moderator)
- Professor Axel Hunger, Dean of Studies, Faculty of Engineering, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Jesse Frank Rafidi, International Student – Master of Business (MBA), Asia School of Business, Malaysia
- Dr Chantavit Sujatanond, Centre Director, SEAMEO Regional Centre for Higher Education and Development (RIHED), Thailand
- Professor Yazrina Yahya, Director, International Relations Centre – UKM Global, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia