Listen to the entire session through the audio podcast.
You can view Helen Silvester's slides here.
The online education revolution has hit India, but the growth forecast shows that the market is a long way from saturation.
This session will provide an overview of the latest on India’s online education, including:
1. National policies and initiatives
2. Student and faculty perspectives and readiness to online learning
3. Experience of Edutech companies in the space
4. Opportunities for international online education providers
The session will cover:
• Opportunities for foreign and local education providers in online education learning – content development, capacity building, research and platforms.
• Government policies and initiatives – Study Webs of Active –Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM) National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), National Mission on Education through Information and Communication and Technology (NMEICT), SWAYAM PRABHA
• Private sector EDUTECH provision
Chair: Ms. Helen Silvester, Acting Deputy Regional Director South Asia, British Council
Ms. Radhika Maloo, Senior Program Manager upGrad, India
Prof A.K. Suresh, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Deputy Director (AIA) IIT Bombay, India
Prof. Dhirendra Pal Singh, Chairman, University Grants Commission, India
Dr. Usha Titus IAS, Principal Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Mr. Navin Mittal IAS, Government of Telangana Commissioner, Collegiate Education & Technical Education, India
Mr. B.H. Anil Kumar IAS, Additional Chief Secretary Education, Government of Karnataka, India