The nature of knowledge development and skills is changing as more complex issues such as tolerance, ethical sense, resilience, and creativity take on increasing importance.
This workshop aims to enable participants to learn and experience the Design Thinking Process by developing and testing a prototype solution to the challenges of 'Education Re-Imagined for a Digital World'.
Participants will be divided into teams of 5-6 and presented with a Design Challenge which they will address over the course of the workshop. The Design Challenges will be aligned with the conference theme and sub-themes:
- Global Knowledge Producer;
- High Level Skills Developer;
- Global Society Anchor and Solution Provider;
- Leader and Partner in a Future World
The approach is highly experiential and will focus on developing the Entrepreneurial Mindsets of participants. Key takeaways will be individual concepts and solutions derived from the learning themes below:
- Creativity and design;
- Learning and enabling learning;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Developing networks & community of practice
- Self-Care and resilience.
Dr Colman Farrell, Head of Programme Development, Innovation Academy, University College Dublin (Ireland).
Suzie Jarvis, Founding Director, Innovation Academy, University College Dublin (Ireland).