In this session, we will consider how universities measure and compare their success in developing internationalised students and curricula.
Speakers will describe how universities are tackling this on the ground and explore some of the challenges and possible solutions. We will also assess the impact of these initiatives on the cities and communities who rely heavily on globally aware and connected talent. Equally, can the association between cities and universities help to stimulate and nurture a pervasive international culture in institutions?
- Professor Rebecca Hughes, Director of Education, British Council, UK (Chair)
- Dr Hans Pohl, Programme Director, STINT, the Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education, Sweden
- Dr Fernando León García, President, CETYS University, Mexico
- Professor Alec Cameron, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, Aston University, UK
- Professor Richard Williams, Vice-Chancellor, Heriot-Watt University, UK