Horizons 2025: Exploring new agendas for higher education internationalisation in ASEAN
This session will bring together key stakeholders from Ministries of Education, the Higher Education sector and key influencers in the ASEAN and wider East Asia region to share and discuss internationalisation strategies and to promote regional and UK collaborations in Higher Education.
The session will look at the priorities to strengthen ASEAN’s regional higher education internationalisation agenda towards 2025 and an action plan for higher education internationalisation for mutually beneficial collaborations between the UK, ASEAN and the broader East Asia region.
Panellists will discuss the implications of future trends and issues in Higher Education on the ASEAN, the UK and European nations, with particular emphasis on the response to these trends at national and regional levels.
Some of the questions will include:
• How do the policy priorities identified by national governments and regional organisations support the higher education internationalisation agenda in ASEAN Higer Education Institutions (HEIs) towards 2025?
• What are the motivations and challenges of addressing the higher education internationalisation agenda from a harmonisation and regionalism perspective in ASEAN, given the region’s diversity in terms of income levels, socio cultural histories and backgrounds?
• What is the implication of technology and digitalization in higher education on the future trends in internationalisation strategy in ASEAN HEIs?
• What are the key recommendations to support regional cooperation and cross-border collaborations that provide an effective internationalisation strategy for strengthening higher education in the ASEAN region?
• How does the role of HE in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and the role of SDGs in HE, impact the future internationalisation strategies in ASEAN?
• What are the drivers and implications for ASEAN HEIs to establish new modalities of regional and international partnerships to collectively address the regional and global challenges and opportunities towards 2025?