Listen to the entire session through the audio podcast.
You can view Datin Paduka Ir. Dr Siti Hamisah Tapsir's slides here.
You can view Guy Perring's slides here.
You can view Purwanto Subroto's slides here.
You can view Dr Wai Soe Zaw's slides here.
You can view Associate Professor Thu Thuy Nguyen's slides here.
You can view Dr Aurasa Pavavimol's slides here.
Horizons 2025: Exploring new agendas for higher education internationalisation in ASEAN
This session will bring together key stakeholders from Ministries of Education, the Higher Education sector and key influencers in the ASEAN and wider East Asia region to share and discuss internationalisation strategies and to promote regional and UK collaborations in Higher Education.
The session will look at the priorities to strengthen ASEAN’s regional higher education internationalisation agenda towards 2025 and an action plan for higher education internationalisation for mutually beneficial collaborations between the UK, ASEAN and the broader East Asia region.
Panellists will discuss the implications of future trends and issues in Higher Education on the ASEAN, the UK and European nations, with particular emphasis on the response to these trends at national and regional levels.
Some of the questions will include:
• How do the policy priorities identified by national governments and regional organisations support the higher education internationalisation agenda in ASEAN Higer Education Institutions (HEIs) towards 2025?
• What are the motivations and challenges of addressing the higher education internationalisation agenda from a harmonisation and regionalism perspective in ASEAN, given the region’s diversity in terms of income levels, socio cultural histories and backgrounds?
• What is the implication of technology and digitalization in higher education on the future trends in internationalisation strategy in ASEAN HEIs?
• What are the key recommendations to support regional cooperation and cross-border collaborations that provide an effective internationalisation strategy for strengthening higher education in the ASEAN region?
• How does the role of HE in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and the role of SDGs in HE, impact the future internationalisation strategies in ASEAN?
• What are the drivers and implications for ASEAN HEIs to establish new modalities of regional and international partnerships to collectively address the regional and global challenges and opportunities towards 2025?
Chair: Susan Milner, Director Education - East Asia, British Council
Guy Perring, Regional Director, Asia i-graduate, Consultant on behalf of the British Council
Datin Paduka Ir. Dr Siti Hamisah Tapsir, Director General, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Malaysia
Purwanto Subroto, Deputy Director of Higher Education Cooperation, Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia
Dr Wai Soe Zaw, Chair of Rectors’ Committee, Rector, Yangon University of Medicine (1), Myanmar
Associate Professor Thu Thuy Nguyen, Deputy Director General, Department of Higher Education , Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam
Dr Aurasa Pavavimol, Deputy Secretary General, Office of the Higher Education Commission, Thailand