|Date and times||Wednesday 2 May 2018, 09.00 - 12.00|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre|
|Early Bird Price||£100|
|Book your place||Via the Going Global 2018 registration form|
Change; societal, technological, environmental and political defines our world. We live in turbulent and uncertain times.
Leaders of universities have to chart a course for their institution that secures its future, addresses the needs of students and promotes the values of higher education.
To be successful, leaders must understand and manage the challenges they face and to do so effectively in a university requires the support of government, staff and students. This calls for ethical and authentic leadership that carries the confidence of these key stakeholders.
Success also requires effective systems of governance and management that operate together in the interests of university’s mission and wider society.
In this event the CEO of the LFHE Alison Johns will draw together these important issues that are too often considered separately. In a process that will be engaging, participative and provocative she will explore the inter-dependencies between personal leadership styles and systems of governance and their implications for institutional success and sustainability.
This masterclass is designed for:
- Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Presidents of Universities and HE providers who are both experienced and new to their roles;
- Members of university governing bodies and senior staff in HE Ministries will also benefit through building a stronger understanding of the issues facing institutions across different national and institutional contexts.
Participant learning outcomes:
- Explore the key strategic challenges facing higher education leaders;
- Examine how leaders can secure and express their ethics and values with confidence and credibility;
- Consider the implications for effective and sustainable institutional governance and management within their own national and institutional contexts.
Alison Johns, CEO, The Leadership Foundation for Higher Education
LFHE is a UK-based education charity with a 13-year track record of design and delivery of a range of executive development programmes, interventions, relationship building and networking activities for global higher education.
About the LFHE
The LFHE is a global specialist in HE leadership, governance and management development. The agency works with governments, institutions and HE Colleges to transform their practice, deliver results and secure lasting change. Their aim is to build capacity within universities and HE Colleges informed by the best of international practice and experience.