This event took place on 25 June at 9am, UK time.
In this live interactive session we will explore ways in which universities from around the world are integrating the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into their learning/teaching activities.
Alex Wright, Head of Public Affairs for the ACU, chaired this virtual discussion. Joining him were:
- Dr Lauren Rickards and Dr Wendy Steele, associate Professors at RMIT University, Australia
- Prof Philip McGowan, Chair of the Sustainable Development Goals Committee, and Naomi Oosman-Watts, Head of Strategic Projects - Student Services at Newcastle University, UK
- Prof Jose Frantz, Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation at University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Prof Dhanjay Jhurry, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Mauritius
- Dr. Maneesha V Ramesh - Dean, International Programs and Director, AMRITA Center for Wireless Networks & Applications at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in India
Our speakers have written their own blogs detailing what they are doing at their institutions to help achieve the SDGs. See our blog posts page to read more.