This event took place on 16 June at 11am, UK time.
The current situation with Covid-19 will have an immediate and long term impact on the internationalisation of HE, a major driving force in the adoption of English Medium (EM).
This virtual session will explore some of the potential impacts at a micro level (classroom level) on students and content teachers using EM, and longer term impacts at a macro (country level) and meso (institutional level) for language policy, the spread of English Medium and the digitisation of learning.
This interactive panel discussion was chaired by Roy Cross. Our speakers were:
- Nicola Galloway, University of Edinburgh
- Jenna Mittelmeier, University of Manchester
- Heath Rose, University of Oxford
- Kari Sahan, University of Oxford
- Reka Jablonkai, University of Bath
- Samantha Curle, University of Bath