Challenging Human Rights Leadership
World leaders and Future Leaders Connect members came together in London on Monday 29th Ocotber 2018 to discuss the future of human rights since 70 years have passed since the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights was declared.
Hear from all the speakers listed below and from our Future Leaders Connect members as they discussed, are our human rights better protected today than in 1948? What makes a good ethical leader? What is the greatest challenge to the future of human rights?
- Prince Zeid bin Ra’ad Zeid al-Hussein, former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Louise Arbour, United Nations Special Representative for International Migration and former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland and former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Sir Ciarán Devane - Chief Executive, British Council
- Baroness Valerie Amos - Director, SOAS
- Kirsty Lang - BBC Presenter
- Ernesto Zedillo – Former President of Mexico
- Ricardo Lagos – Former President of Chile
- Hina Jilani – Pioneering lawyer and pro-democracy campaigner from Pakistan
- Graca Machel - International advocate for women’s and childrens rights, former freedom fighter and first Education Minister of Mozambique