British Council Partner Schools is the community of schools that offer a UK curriculum leading to exams such as the O level, IGCSE and A level, administered in cooperation with the British Council. These schools are located across South Asia, the Middle East, North and sub-Saharan Africa, in Cyprus, Colombia and beyond.
E-safety brochures for kids, parents and schools
During the closure of schools, it is inevitable that students will be spending more time online during lessons and in their free time on the internet and social media. This represents an even greater level of risk for young people.
British Council Partner Schools has developed three e-safety brochures to support schools, parents, carers and kids to keep young people safe in the online world. These resources can be found here:
- Digital Life Hacks for Kids – tips for young people to stay safe
- Digital Life Hacks for Parents and Carers – a family based approach to online safety
- Online Safety Resource for Schools – how schools can develop an inclusive and effective e-safety policy
Many partner schools are already making the kids and parents versions of the brochures available online during the school closures to support families at home with online safety.
Our offer for teachers, learners and school leaders
Our aim is to offer high-quality products and services that support our leaders, teachers, learners and parents. We are also able to support Ministries of Education with reform and improvement programmes.
- For our teachers, our support includes a Quality Assurance self-assessment tool and an excellent suite of in-service teacher-training workshops for both primary and secondary teachers.
- For learners, we offer the British Council Partner Schools ‘Your World’ global competition as well as access to the latest online educational support.
- And, for school leaders, we offer leadership training as well as excellent networking opportunities. In addition, we offer the global Schools Now! Conference, which takes place in early Spring each year.