Mina Patel has been working in the field of education for over 25 years as a teacher, trainer, materials writer, project manager and now Assessment Research Manager. She has worked in the UK, Greece, Thailand and Sri Lanka and now divides her time between Malaysia and the UK. With the British Council in Malaysia, Mina worked as a Project Manager for English language teaching. This involved working closely with the Ministry of Education on developing materials and training to support English language teachers nationwide. As part of this work she authored a series of Literature Resource materials for Malaysian schools. As Assessment Research Manager her work involves working with institutions and academics on assessment-related projects globally, managing assessment research grants, leading on work on impact for Exams and chairing the British Council Language Assessment Literacy Board.
Areas of Expertise
- Language Assessment Literacy for all stakeholders
- The impact of assessment and its related activities
- The relationship between assessment, teaching and learning
- BA (Hons) Humanities – University of Hertfordshire
- MA Applied Linguistics – University of Hertfordshire
- Currently a PhD student at CRELLA, University of Bedfordshire