In today’s dynamic business environment, a workforce with the ability to communicate effectively in English can translate into higher profitability and better brand image of the company. Therefore, it is important to review, recruit, and train professionals based on their English language skills.
Aptis is an innovative English language test that enables organisations to assess the English language proficiency of their staff and make informed decisions on recruitment, benchmarking and workforce development.
- Aptis uses a detailed reporting system, where both a scaled score and a CEFR level are provided for each skill tested.
- Individual and group reports are provided so you get a clear picture of each test taker’s strengths and weaknesses as well as their ranking within the workforce.
- A compulsory grammar and vocabulary test is combined with one or more skills tests (reading, writing, speaking and listening), allowing you to test only the skills that are relevant.
- Aptis can be taken using a computer, tablet, or pen and paper and results can be provided within 48 hours.
- All Aptis tests consist of high-quality content put together and reviewed by a dedicated global team for suitability around the world.
- Free practice materials and test guides are available for candidates.
- The test is simple to administer and technical support is provided.
- The British Council is strongly committed to the highest standards of equality, diversity and inclusion in testing, so extra time can be allocated for candidates in specially prepared computer-based versions when this is required. A braille version of the core and reading test is available.
SOME OF OUR CORPORATE CLIENTS
The test is currently used around the world by various types of businesses in different industries, from small to medium enterprises to multinational corporations.