The International Education Virtual Festival is aimed at staff engaged with international marketing, academics, recruitment, support and strategy staff from UK schools, colleges, universities and English language teaching providers, as well as British Council staff from over 40 countries.
This year's theme is Sustainable Futures for International Education.
Over the past year we have witnessed how fragile our world can be. The sector has shown much resilience, and the speed at which it has adapted to overcome challenges has been truly breath-taking, but much uncertainty lies ahead. The future of UK international education will be dictated by the sector’s perseverance to adapt to new challenges, innovate and collectively develop a sustainable future for the industry.
The International Education Virtual Festival 2021 will explore issues surrounding the global pandemic as well as other factors that may have an impact on the sustainability of UK international education including climate change, the UK's exit from the European Union, intra-regional mobility/competitors, the acceleration of online provision and much more
Your virtual experience
Our festival will take place on a virtual conference platform to provide you with an interactive online experience to connect you globally with like-minded international education strategists. Some of our confirmed keynote speakers include Stevie Spring, Chairman of the British Council, Robin Bew, Managing Director of the Economist Intelligence Unit, and Matt Durnin, Global Head of Insights and Consultancy at the British Council. More are to be confirmed.
The virtual platform has multiple interactive areas that are optimised for connecting and engaging. You can move in and out of rooms just like an in-person event and enjoy the content and connections we've created just for you.
You can expect to:
- Attend fully-fledged live events and view our plenary speakers in the 'Stage' arena
- Join hands-on sessions
- Represent your institution by updating your profile and open your mind to creating new connections and starting valuable discussions.
- Meet one-on-one with delegates in our Networking space (video chat in groups or one-on-one)
- Visit expo booths and meet our exhibitors in the virtual exhibition hall
- Take a break and get involved with our entertainment options in our 'Wellbeing Week'
The conference will focus on the following core areas:
- Strategy: Exploring how the world is changing and how we can navigate for success.
- Innovation: Fresh approaches for connecting with international students worldwide.
- Intelligence: Exploring external influences on international student recruitment, providing cutting-edge analysis to inform and future-proof international marketing strategies.
We intend to run sessions on the following areas:
- Digital and technological innovation
- Leaving the European Union
- International education strategy and policy
- Looking ahead of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Immigration and visa compliance
- Internationalisation of colleges, schools and English language teaching providers
- International student employability
- Global perspectives and activities of countries outside the UK
The price of a four-day Virtual Festival pass will be £150.
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please do not hesitate in contacting the team for further information.
We look forward to welcoming you to the International Education Virtual Festival 2021.