Get started on eTwinning before 15 September to receive a free 'Culture in a Box' to your school!
WHY SIGN UP?
With more than 670,000 teachers from all over Europe collaborating on the eTwinning platform, it's a good time to introduce the world to your classroom. eTwinning offers you and your class a free, secure online collaboration tool so that you can:
- make a lasting impact on your pupils' learning by designing and running exciting curriculum related classroom projects with schools in over 40 countries
- access world-class, free and funded online and face-to-face professional development opportunities, taking place in locations across Europe and neigbouring countries
- showcase your school's amazing work to your local community, UK-wide and beyond
- gain recognition through accreditation for your project work
To usher in the new 2019-20 academic year, and in the spirit of the eTwinning theme of 2019 - Democratic Participation - the British Council are giving away free classroom resources to UK teachers to help kick start an international project. Culture in a Box is a ready-made, easy-to-run project, making it easy for your class to exchange aspects of UK culture with that of another school in one (or more) eTwinning countries. The resource is designed to help you to kick start an international project with pre-prepared, cross-curricular activities spanning key stages one to five.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR MY FREE RESOURCE?
To receive your free 'Culture in a Box' resource all you need to do is:
- Register on the eTwinning platform before 15 September 2019. We will post the 'Culture in a Box' ready-made resource to your school in September.
- Use our quick start guide to help get you find a partner school.
- Once you have found the perfect partner school, register your 'Culture in a Box' project - that's when we will fill your culture box with additional classroom resources which your pupils can use to support the project. Resources include pens, colouring pencils, an eTwinning Teddy (with its own resource backpack) and more.
NB. For teachers who have already signed up to eTwinning. Register a new project and include 'Culture in a Box' within the project title or within the details, so that we know to post you the resource.