Charles de Gaulle Trust funding is specifically for learners aged 17 to 19, the visits give students the chance to prove to future educators and employers that they are globally-minded, committed and dedicated young people.
During their visits young people will be able to experience French culture and language and the programme will give educators opportunities to learn from different education practices, leading to improvements in learning outcomes for young people.
‘It will definitely have a long term benefit on the students’ confidence. Having the exchange on their CV will help them to get interviews and jobs. The experience would transfer into any vocational area.’
Lisa McCormick-Baxter, beauty therapy lecturer, South Eastern Regional College
What are the benefits of Charles de Gaulle Trust funding?
An immersive, motivating and inspiring experience in a French partner school or college would provide the opportunity to:
- Improve employability skills
- Engage with French language and culture first-hand
- Provide the opportunity to compare different approaches to work and learn from experts in the field in both countries
- Develop vocational skills in a bilingual environment
What are the details?
- Grants of £5,000 to facilitate reciprocal visits to France
- All further information including closing dates and application documents will be available soon
- Visits should take place within 18 months of acceptance
If you are interested in mobility funding for the 17 to 19 year old age-group we would like to hear from you. For more information about the Charles de Gaulle programme, please write to email@example.com