Professional Development for Researchers
Researcher Connect is a professional development course that focuses on the development of excellent communication skills for international and multicultural contexts. The aim is to enhance the productivity of individual researchers and create new opportunities for international collaborations.
Researchers with strong communication skills are more likely to:
- publish in international journals
- successfully promote their research and represent their institutions at conferences
- gain funding from international bodies
- effectively communicate with the wider public and policy makers
- build international collaborations to further their research
As part of the South Asia Science programme, the British Council hosts tailored Researcher Connect workshops for academics and researchers with a background in one of the South Asia Science priority areas:
- Mental Health
- Global Health
These priority areas are related to the British Council South Asia Science Initiatives.