INCONET-GCC2 is a three year project sponsored by European Commission – Directorate General for Research and Innovation – to establish a "Science, Technology and Innovation International Cooperation Network between European Union and the Arab Gulf Countries aiming at the bi-regional coordination towards HORIZON2020”.
INCONET-GCC2’s overall goals are to:
- Support the institutional bi-regional policy dialogue in Science, Technology and Innovation,
- Strengthen the bi-regional cooperation between research and innovation actors, especially in the context of the upcoming Horizon 2020 programme and
- Monitor progress in the bi-regional STI cooperation.
NCONET-GCC2 project is implemented by 20 international institutional partners – most of them from EU and GCC regions. It aims to accomplish its broader objectives through practical steps that aim to:
- Reinforce strategic S&T cooperation and innovation with the Arab Gulf region
- Facilitate access to knowledge, resources and markets in the GCC region
- Have a positive influence on the joint EU-GCC STI agenda
- Make it easier for Europe’s researchers and universities to work with the best scientists and research infrastructures in the world
- Create a roadmap for future research activities & collaborations
- Contribute effectively to stability, security and prosperity in the world
- Contribute to global sustainable development and foster Europe’s S&T excellence
- Contribute to the free circulation of knowledge at the global level
- Raise Europe’s S&T profile in the GCC region