About this opportunity
Grants are available to cover all travel and accommodation expenses associated with participating in an international workshop.
Workshop title: Resilient Structures and Infrastructure
Dates of workshop: 14-17 March 2016
Location of workshop: Nazarbayev University, Astana, Kazakhstan
Application deadline: 30 November 2015
UK organiser: Dr Katherine Cashell
Kazakhstan organiser: Dr Dichuan Zhang
Eligibility: This is open to early career researchers (PhD + 10 years maximum) based in the UK and Kazakhstan
The title of the workshop is 'Resilient Structures and Infrastructure' and some of the topics which are welcome to be covered are given in the non-exhaustive list below:
- Design of robust buildings and infrastructure
- Resilience of structures during extreme loading scenarios such as fire, earthquake, blast, etc.
- Structural resilience in the oil and gas sector
- Structural assessment and retrofit techniques to improve resilience
- Mathematical modelling
- Advanced materials for construction
- Vibration isolation of buildings and structures
- Energy absorption capacity of structures and materials
- Soil-structural interaction during earthquakes.
How to apply
People interested in participating should contact email@example.com (UK) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Kazakhstan). Please also download, read and complete the further information and application form from the Downloads section.