ABOUT NEWTON FUND RESEARCHER LINKS TRILATERAL WORKSHOPS
Newton Fund Researcher Links Trilateral Workshops bring together early-career researchers from the UK and two partner countries, to allow them to make international connections that can improve the quality of their research. The specific partner countries for this call are Kenya and South Africa.
Joint applications are made by senior researchers from the partner countries who lead the workshop. Once funded, grants are available for early-career researchers in the UK and the partner countries to attend and participate.
These grants are funded under the Newton Fund, a UK Government initiative funded by the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), together with partner funders from Kenya and South Africa. The Newton Fund aims to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
Priority areas: Partner countries may specify priority areas and will only accept applications within these. Priority areas are listed in the guidelines document (downloads section).
ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information) of the partner country.
Trilateral workshops can be proposed between the UK, Kenya and South Africa.
- Leading Researchers as defined by the EC here can apply to be workshop coordinators.
- Each proposal must have one workshop coordinator from the UK, as well as a workshop coordinator from both Kenya and South Africa.
- Please see list of eligible UK research institutions in the downloads section.
- Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the guidelines document available from the downloads section below for full eligibility criteria.
13 June 2017, 16:00 UK time.
How to apply
- Download and read the guidelines document available from the downloads section below.
- Apply using the online system here (registration required). Guidance notes on registering and applying with the online system are available in the downloads section below. An example of the application form is also available from the downloads section to show the application questions. This cannot be used to submit an application, and is for information only.
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to UK-ResearcherLinks@britishcouncil.org. Please specify that you are enquiring about the Trilateral Researcher Links Workshops call.