ABOUT RESEARCHER LINKS TRAVEL GRANTS
Researcher Links Travel Grants provide financial support for early-career researchers to undertake an international research placement to strengthen links for future collaboration, build research capacity in developing economies, and enhance the researcher's career opportunities.
Researchers that reside in the UK can apply for funding to visit a university or research institution in the partner country, and those residing in the partner country can apply for funding to come to the UK.
- Duration of visit: 1-6 months depending on country
- Priority areas: Partner countries may specify priority areas and will only accept applications within these. Priority areas are listed in the guidelines document (downloads section).
- ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information) of the partner country.
Israel. Researchers that reside in the UK can apply for funding to visit a university or research institution in Israel, and those residing in Israel can apply for funding to come to the UK.
- Applicants must be based either in the UK, or in the partner country, and be affiliated with a recognised publicly funded research establishment or public or private Higher Education Institution. For-profit organisations are not eligible to receive any grant funds. Please see list of eligible UK research institutions here.
- Travel may only be between the UK and partner country, but can be in either direction.
- Generally Travel Grants are open to researchers of any career stage, however this may change on a country by country basis. Please read the guidelines for further information.
Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the guidelines document available from the downloads section below for full eligibility criteria.
13 June 2017, 16.00 (UK time)
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and read fully the correct guidelines document from the downloads section.
- Complete the online application form here. A PDF version of the application form is available from the downloads section. This is intended to give applicants knowledge of the questions in the online application form only, and cannot be used to submit an application.
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to the Researcher Links email address UK-ResearcherLinks@britishcouncil.org. Please specify that you are enquiring about the Newton Researcher Links Travel Grants call.