About this opportunity
We are recruiting trainers to develop and deliver the Researcher Connect professional development programme. The trainers will be expected to:
- Deliver training to participants in Researcher Connect workshops.
- Deliver training to overseas trainers for delivery of the Researcher Connect programme.
- Draft content for new Researcher Connect training materials under the supervision of more experienced Researcher Connect trainers.
- Help inform future developments in the Researcher Connect programme offer.
- Deliver short demonstrations of the Researcher Connect training offer for promotion and dissemination purposes if needed.
The deadline for applications is 03 October 2016, at 23:59 UK time.
The Researcher Connect trainers will possess relevant training experience preferably acquired in an academic/international context. They will also have the following essential skills:
- Experience undertaking similar service(s)
- Experience working with or in the UK higher education (HE) and research sector
- Experience delivering service(s) outside the UK and/or to an international audience
- Experience delivering highly interactive workshops and learner centred training
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
About Researcher Connect
In an increasingly competitive and global market, researchers and the institutions they represent need to communicate their research effectively to an international audience. To respond to this need, the British Council developed the Researcher Connect training programme: a series of short interactive modules for researchers at any stage of their career and from any academic discipline. It focuses on the development of excellent communication skills using English language in international, multi-cultural contexts. It is appropriate for researchers with B2 (Upper Intermediate) level English language and above, and enables them to communicate their research effectively with a range of audiences in appropriate academic and/or professional styles.
Researcher Connect is available as a series of modules delivered in workshop format by experienced trainers. It is available globally for Higher Education and Research clients through participating British Council country offices. The ideal length of a Researcher Connect course is 3 days, and the best results are achieved when the number of course attendees do not exceed 20.
Researcher Connect workshops have been successfully delivered in 24 countries, and the demand for it has escalated significantly over the last year. In order to meet this demand a pool of Researcher Connect trainers will be recruited through this tendering exercise to expand the existing pool.
About the British Council
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Our purpose is to promote a friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and people worldwide; making a positive contribution to all the countries we work with; and making a lasting difference to the UK's security, prosperity and influence. We seek to achieve our aims by working in education, science, governance, English language and the arts. In 2014-15, our programmes reached an audience of 647 million people worldwide, up by 43 million from the previous year.
How to apply
To express an interest in this opportunity please visit the webpage here (registration required). Once you have registered and expressed an interest you will be able to download the response documents.
The response deadline is the 03 October 2016, at 23:59 UK time.