Research Environment Links Grants (Vietnam/UK)
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Research Environment Links (REL) Grants are funded by the Newton Fund. The Fund builds research and innovation partnerships with partner countries to support their economic development and social welfare, and to develop their research and innovation capacity for long-term sustainable growth.
REL grants aim to support international collaboration through training programmes, the exchange of knowledge and best practice, the development and implementation of pilot activities in the areas relevant to the Newton capacity building strands. The partnerships are led by institutions in Vietnam in conjunction with an expert counterpart organisation in the UK (e.g., counterpart organisations in the same field, universities, colleges, or other relevant organisations). This call is designed to be flexible and responsive to in-country needs, allowing applicants to establish collaboration on areas linked to country priorities and development needs, and to then bring in relevant UK expertise. Please see the guidelines for applicants document in the downloads section for further details.
This call is part of the Newton Fund Professional Development and Engagement (PDE) programme, provided by the UK Government’s Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and delivered by the British Council.
- Size of grant: £50,000 - £140,000
- Duration of the grant: 12 months
- ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information) of the partner country.
- Applications can be submitted for collaborations between the UK and Vietnam.
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from Vietnam and one Principal Applicant from the UK.
- All Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers as defined by the EC here.
- A list of eligible UK research institutions is available in the downloads section below.
Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the guidelines document available from the downloads section for full eligibility criteria.
21 July 2017, 16:00 UK time
How to apply
- Download and read fully the guidelines document from the downloads section.
- Complete the online application form. A Pdf version of the application form is available from the downloads section. This is intended to give applicants knowledge of the questions in the online application form only, and cannot be used to submit an application.
If you are experiencing issues with downloading the budget spread sheet, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email UK-REL@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy.
Please send queries or comments about this call to UK-REL@britishcouncil.org.