Proposals are invited for the Newton Professional Development and Engagement Programme: Governance, Regulatory Framework and Policy Support for Knowledge Exchange and Technology Transfer - Malaysia.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) invites proposals from consultants to design a methodology to address the identified gaps in the governance, regulation and policy of knowledge exchange and technology transfer in Malaysia.
The knowledge exchange and technology transfer landscape in Malaysia is diverse with many stakeholders in the field, led by multiple ministries and agencies - which can lead to reduced impact and resource efficiency. The Newton-Ungku Omar Fund aims to address this by facilitating and providing a neutral platform through this project, enabling stakeholders to come together with a shared interest and understanding. By finding common ground, stakeholders can address the fragmented knowledge exchange and technology transfer landscape in Malaysia.
About the project
The project aims to address the following two key challenges:
- governance and institutional issues in managing and delivering technology transfer, linked to the wider regulatory environment and
- policy support for technology transfer
Consultants are sought to provide services, to a timeline to be agreed between the British Council and the supplier upon award on contract, for:
- a 3-day scoping to be done remotely in the UK to understand the key challenges in Malaysia and identify UK models and practices that are relevant such as Knowledge Exchange Framework and Lambert Agreement, and/or other appropriate successful models and practices in the world that can be used to address the two key challenges.
- a 3-day workshop to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Both UK and Malaysian experts will work together to curate, deliver and facilitate this workshop for key players and stakeholders based on the key findings from the above scoping, as well as developing a Malaysia model and action plan after the workshop.
How to apply
Please download and read the four documents available in downloads section.
To apply, please:
1. Carefully read the form: Annex 1 - Request for Proposal (RFP)
2. Complete the form: Annex 2 – Supplier Response.
Please submit all mandatory documentation to UK-PDE@britishcouncil.org by the response deadline, as set out in the Timescales section of the Request for Proposal (RFP) document.
02 September 2019, 17:00 UK time.
Please also note the timescales section in the RFP document.
If you have any questions, please contact UK-PDE@britishcouncil.org
In your email, please specify that you are enquiring about the Newton Fund PDE: Malaysia.