Through the Newton-Utafiti Fund, the Kenya National Innovation Agency (KENIA) is working with the British Council to deliver the Professional Development and Engagement Programme in Technology Transfer.
This project aims to offer effective training in technology transfer skills and to create a team of Kenyan technology transfer managers, research managers and policymakers to provide technology transfer management services in universities and research institutions, and policymaking in technology transfer and innovation commercialisation to drive technology transfer management and policymaking at institutional and national level.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) seeks experts to deliver 3-day workshops in three Kenyan cities (Nairobi, Kisumu and Nyeri) to address:
- Intellectual property rights and its relevance to technology transfer
- Technology licensing as a route to technology transfer and commercialisation
- Technology and IP valuation for commercialisation
- Identifying and sourcing Innovation
- Innovation commercialisation pathways
- Requirements and process for raising early-stage financing: pitching for investment and Venture funding
- Three workshops for a total of 60 participants, to be held in Nairobi, Kisumu and Nyeri
- Trained technology transfer managers, researchers and policymakers
- Reports - progress and final reports
This call is now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact UK-PDE@britishcouncil.org
In your email, please specify that you are enquiring about the Newton Fund PDE - Kenya.