Post-Doctoral Mobility Grants to allow researchers from Kazakhstan to spend between nine months and two years conducting research at an institution in the UK.
Deadline for applications: 16.00 UK time on Thursday 20 November 2014
About this opportunity
The British Council and JSC Science Fund, working with the Higher Education International Unit, have opened a call for proposals for Post-Doctoral Mobility Grants under the Newton – Al-Farabi Partnership Programme.
This programme is designed to provide financial support for early career researchers from Kazakhstan with no more than two years’ post-doctoral experience to carry out up to two years post-doctoral research in an institution in the UK. For further information on the specifics of the call, please read the guidelines document below.
The primary purpose of the Newton – Al-Farabi Partnership Programme is to promote the economic development and welfare of Kazakhstan.
In order to be considered for funding all proposals must clearly articulate a plausible pathway along which the research and innovation work may lead to positive impact on poor and vulnerable populations in Kazakhstan within a short- to medium-term timeframe (3-15 years).
Proposals should also have relevance to one or more of the following challenge areas:
• Health and wellbeing
• Resilience and natural disasters
• Ecology and the environment
• Food and water
These should be understood as wide areas of focus rather than narrow technical categories.
• Applicants must be Kazakhstani citizens or have permanent residence and the right to work in Kazakhstan.
• Only one application can be made per person.
• Applicants must be doctoral graduates who have completed their PhD or equivalent doctoral qualification no more than two years ago.
• Applicants must return to a research career in Kazakhstan on completion of their placement.
• Applicants must identify a sponsor at the UK host institution who can guarantee that the host institution will administer the grant for the full tenure of the placement. The Newton – Al-Farabi Partnership Programme can help potential applicants to identify a sponsor and host institution in the UK – for more information please contact the International Unit’s Kazakhstani Scholars team.
How to apply
Before applying please download and read the guidelines document from the downloads section below. Once ready you can apply here.
If you have any technical problems with the online application form, please contact UKemail@example.com
If you have any enquiries relating to this call, please contact UKfirstname.lastname@example.org (in English)