About Institutional Links Grants
Institutional Links aims to build UK-partner country research and innovation collaborations centred on shared research and innovation challenges which have direct relevance to social welfare and economic development.
This programme is designed to establish links beyond the level of the individual researcher and innovation practitioner, opening up opportunities for more sustainable, solution-oriented collaborations between academic groups as well as with the private and third sector (e.g. SMEs, NGOs, technology transfer offices and other not-for-profit organisations).
This specific call is for trilateral collaborations between the UK, Israel, and MENA region countries (see Partner Countries section) in water-related research and innovations. This call is running under the name Science, Technology and Research Exchange Across MENA (STREAM).
Please note that there are additional Institutional Links calls open with different partner countries. Please check the opportunities section of the website for information.
Size of grant: £50,000 - £100,000 for time frames ranging from 10 to 18 months
Priority areas: Priority areas within the broad topic of 'water' are listed in the Guidelines document (Downloads section).
All applications must involve both the UK and Israel. The final partner must be from the MENA region, defined as; Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestinian Territories, Morocco, Tunisia, Yemen, Algeria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria and UAE.
- All applications are trilateral and must have one Principal Applicant from the UK, one Principal Applicant for Israel, and one Principal Applicant for the MENA region (see Partner Countries section above)
- All Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers as defined by the EC here.
- Either individual researchers or researchers with institutional engagement are welcome to apply as Principal Applicants.
- Please see the list of eligible UK research institutions here.
- Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the Guidelines document available from the Downloads section below for full eligibility criteria.
30 September 2016, 16:00 UK
How to apply
- Download and read fully the Guidelines document from the Downloads section below.
- Complete the online application form here. A Word Docx version of the application form is available from the Downloads section. This is intended to give applicants knowledge of the questions in the online application form only, and cannot be used to submit an application.
If you are experiencing issues with downloading the budget spreadsheet, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email UK-InstitutionalLinks@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy