About this opportunity
The Gulf Science Innovation and Knowledge Economy Programme (GSIKE) is part of the UK Government’s strategy to support long term relationships between academia in the UK and the Gulf. This call for proposals is part of the GSIKE programme and aims to increase UK engagement and investment in long-term UK/Gulf partnerships.
Joint Academic Development Centre grants are designed to provide financial support for capacity building and collaboration activities. The Joint Academic Development Centres call is designed to be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of each institution, allowing applicants to establish collaboration on areas linked to joint priorities, and to use relevant UK and Gulf bilateral expertise to achieved proposed goals. Please see the ‘guidelines for applicants’ document below for more details .
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the Gulf (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar and Oman) and one Principal Applicant from the UK.
- All Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers as defined by the EC here.
- Applicants must be based at one of the following Institutions: A higher education institution with the capacity to undertake high-quality research; institutions with courses relevant to the technical skills required for supporting research-intensive areas; a research organisation with the capacity to undertake high-quality research
- The grant will support 50% of the projects overall costs. It is expected that the Gulf and UK partner provides or secures match support for the grant through a resource commitment, direct financial support and/or by securing additional financial support.
- Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the guidelines document available below for full eligibility criteria.
20 December 2017, 16:00 UK time.
How to apply
Please download and read the guidelines document below.
Complete the online application form. A word version of the application form is available for dowload below. This is intended to give applicants knowledge of the questions in the online application form. It cannot be used to submit an application.
If you are experiencing issues with the budget spread sheet, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email Uk_GSIKE@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy.
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to the British Council’s GSIKE email address, UK_GSIKE@britishcouncil.org.