A great, fun opportunity for students to practise and improve their Mandarin Chinese language skills.
Taking part in the competition:
- increases students’ motivation for learning the language
- develops vocabulary and improves pronunciation
- raises confidence for oral examinations
- encourages students to interact with their classmates
- inspires students to discover more about Chinese culture.
What is the prize?
A week in Beijing. Students will visit historical sites, interact with Chinese students and experience Chinese culture with the British Council, who have over twenty years’ experience in running cultural exchanges with China.
Applications for 2019/20
Applications for the 2019/20 British Council Mandarin Speaking Competition are open: please complete the online application form by Monday 14 October 2019.
Please note: we are having issues with the application form loading in Chrome and some other browsers. The form should work correctly in Internet Explorer and Firefox. We apologise for any inconvenience.