Inspiration for educational reform in your country
The British Council invites international education policy makers and practitioners to explore and study the English education system.
Our study visits will enable you to learn about education in England and provide you with examples of principles and practice that can be used to develop a high quality education system in your country. Each visit will focus on the cornerstones of good education practice and include opportunities to hear from national bodies, visit outstanding schools and meet with experts.
‘We got some great ideas from the study visit, which were immediately incorporated into our workshop for training principals and heads of departments.’
Awebahe Hoeseb, Regional Director of Education, Kharas Regional Council
Each study visit programme will include:
- sessions with national bodies to discuss the context of policy within a particular field of education. The sessions will explore current national policy and anticipated future priorities, helping to make sense of the demands of a changing global context and the implications for educational provision.
- visits to outstanding schools, selected on the basis of the quality of their work and their successful efforts to raise acheivement levels
- daily sessions run by experts in their field which will prepare participants for understanding the practise they observe during school visits
Who are the study visits for?
British Council study visits are aimed at policy makers, head teachers, school leaders, principals and governors, all at either regional or national level. Participants should have at least an intermediate level of English in order to maximise participation and make the most of learning opportunities during the visit.
The total visit cost is £2,000 per person.
What is included:
- all sessions and visits to the schools
- facilitation by an outstanding head teacher
- accommodation in a four star hotel
- transport to sessions and visits
- a welcome dinner
- breakfast and lunches
What is not included:
- flights and visa to enter the UK
- UK airport transfers
- dinners (except welcome dinner)
- extra days of accommodation or pick up at the airport if you wish to stay longer in London
- any personal expenses
Registration to our school leadership study visit, 16-20 May 2016, London is now open.
Please register your details here and we will then contact you. Registration deadline is 24 March 2016.
For enquiries related to the logistics and payment of the visit, please email Andrea Russell, Visit and Events Manager.