The Venice Fellowships is a unique opportunity for students, graduates and researchers to spend a month in Venice during the Biennale. Higher education institutions interested in becoming a Venice Fellowship Programme Partner and send their students, graduates or researchers to the Venice Biennale can find out more about the process visiting the British Council Venice Biennale website.
Benefits for partners
Institutions will have:
- the opportunity to become active participants in the Biennale and contribute to linked research with other UK-based and international organisations
- the chance to send some of their brightest students and practitioners to Venice to embark on a unique personal and professional development experience
- the possibility of incorporating Biennale themes into their own programmes
- the potential to use the British Pavilion for tours, seminars and workshops when taking student groups to Venice.
Benefits for fellows
Fellows will have the chance to:
- spend a month in Venice during a major international cultural event
- conduct independent research in and around Venice, enhancing current studies and professional practice
- receive training on exhibition planning, invigilation, access and public engagement
- gain experience of exhibition programming, stewarding and condition checking of art work
- enrich their research and practice through interdisciplinary engagement
- be empowered to communicate ideas to a diverse, international audience
- develop a creative and professional network across the UK and internationally.
Become a partner
For further information and enquiries about becoming a partner, please contact Genevieve Marciniak, Venice Fellowships Programme Manager: email@example.com