Generation UK-India has the ambition of bringing about a real change in the numbers of young people from the UK undertaking experience in India. To date the programme has received more than 4000 applications from over 130 different UK institutions and from a range of academic backgrounds. Over 1000 participants have now had the chance to experience India and the programme has 3 corporate partners TCS, KPMG and Air India.
- 250 teaching assistants have inspired pupils and gained experience of the Indian education in over 120 schools across 19 different states.
- 400 young people and professionals from the UK gained an insight into Indian society, education, technology and business on our cultural immersion placements supported by UKIERI and delivered with IndoGenius.
- 285 students and graduates spent 2-3 weeks studying in an Indian university in 2016 with courses ranging from social entrepreneurship and gender studies to yoga and Bollywood.
- In our first year of our internship programme with TCS we have sent 17 interns to gain experience in one of the largest technology companies in the world.
- We have supported UK universities with their own placements and exchanges. Read about the Robert Gordon University Go: India programme which saw students recently undertake a placement to Manipal University.
You can also read about the experiences of Generation UK-India participants on our India Inspirations page.