Erasmus+ student mobility

Mat Wright

Erasmus+ higher education student and staff mobility

Higher education institutions (HEIs) which hold an Erasmus Charter For Higher Education (ECHE) can apply for funding for student and staff mobility. This funding offers students the opportunity to study at a partner university or carry out a traineeship abroad and for staff to take part in teaching or training abroad.

Students can improve their skills, broaden horizons, experience different cultures, enhance their employability and gain valuable international experience. Staff can also broaden their horizons, experience different cultures, discover new ways of working and support their professional development. 


UK HEIs apply for funding on an annual basis to the British Council which manages this part of the Erasmus+ programme and provides HEIs with guidance and support. HEIs can apply for mobility to European countries (known as Programme Countries) as well as further afield (to Partner Countries) under International Credit Mobility.

External links