|Key dates||Deadline: Friday 1 March 2019|
|Eligibility||UK organisations involved in international higher education|
UK-China Outward Mobility Partnership Fund for UK HEI & FE institutions interested in developing outward student mobility initiatives between the UK and China.
The British Council has launched the UK-China Outward Mobility Partnership Fund as part of the Generation UK campaign, and is now calling for proposals from UK higher and further education institutions interested in developing outward student mobility initiatives between the UK and China.
The UK-China Outward Mobility Partnership Fund is offering funding for UK institutions to design and deliver outward mobility programmes between the UK and China. For each project, funding of up to £30,000 will be awarded per institution covering the whole project duration. Projects in receipt of funding will be expected to start in March 2019 and can run for up to two years (until March 2021).
The fund has been designed to support projects that will grow the scale and impact of student mobility from the UK to China and projects should be designed to meet the following two objectives:
- support Chinese provincial governments and higher education institutions to increase their capacity to attract and host an increased number of international students from the UK through capacity building initiatives
- lead to an increased and sustainable flow of UK students studying or taking up mobility programmes in China.
Benefits to UK institutions
- Increase outward student mobility from your institution to China
- collaborate and share best-practice with Chinese institutions on international student recruitment and student experience for long-term, sustainable impact
- position your institution as a leader in outward mobility internationalisation with China
- develop new partnerships or strengthen existing partnerships with Chinese education institutions.
About Generation UK
Generation UK is a campaign that was launched by the British Council in 2013. It directly advances the UK government commitment to a Global Britain and is supported by all four UK administrations.
The campaign aims to ensure that the UK has a generation of young people that will be able to drive forward the relationship with China. It represents a strategic investment in the UK’s competitiveness as well as in the employability and language ability of the participants.
There are three core areas of priority:
- To raise awareness among a young generation in the UK of the opportunities to build their understanding of China through study and internships
- To promote favourable conditions for these young people to intern or study in China by working with the Chinese government and partners to support their internationalisation
- To provide specific funded opportunities for UK young people to study and intern in China through Generation UK branded programmes.
More than 40,000 young people from the UK have since 2013 participated in study, internship and teaching programmes across China, with a cumulative target (set by the Prime Minister in 2013) of 80,000 over the period to 2020. In 2017, approximately 10,000 young British nationals gained experience in China, 70 per cent up on numbers prior to the launch of the campaign six years ago.
The UK-China Outward Mobility Partnership Fund is open to UK organisations involved in international higher education, including education authorities, research organisations, awarding bodies, universities and colleges.
How to apply
Please complete the application form and email it along with all supporting documentation to email@example.com for the attention of Nishat Ali (Head of Outward Mobility, British Council China).
The deadline for submissions is 23:59 GMT on Friday 1 March 2019.
For further enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org